· To gather the students' views on aspects of school life by raising points discussed with their own class and sharing those thoughts at the meeting.
· To represent students' views at School Council meetings so that these can be fed back to the school's management.
· To help to identify areas of school which would benefit from improvement.
· To raise with the student body, issues which are a cause of concern
· To give students an insight into citizenship
· To represent the student body in meetings with visitors
If students have any issues they wish to raise about the school, they should contact one of their School Council Representatives.
The meetings are currently led by Year 5 & 6, who review actions and lead a discussion on points for improving life at Lime Tree. During the school council meetings, a number of points about school development are usually raised. These points vary from small suggestions like suggesting ideas for playground games to improving diversity to our curriculum.